Reporting to the Director of Engineering in this intermediate level position, the Water Engineer will be responsible for developing, managing and conducting water related consulting projects.
- Take on a project leadership role or provide project support to Project Leads, as assigned:
- Develop project proposals.
- Engage with stakeholders, working to incorporate perspectives from different sectors including: municipalities, government, industry, NGOs and various other organizations as required.
- Prepare and update project workplans, budgets and schedules.
- Develop data analysis models, using appropriate computer software.
- Coordinate and provide direction to staff participating in assigned projects.
- Coordinate and facilitate internal and external project meetings.
- Prepare project reports and communication materials.
- Participate in business development opportunities.
- Provide technical writing and editing support as requested.
- Attend bi-weekly project management meetings and present project updates to team members.
- Attend (may also present at) occasional conferences and seminars.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum BSc in Engineering, with additional training and/or experience related to water resources and municipal and/or environmental planning
- Eng. registered with APEGA
- At least 4 years’ project management experience
- Experience working with municipalities
- Experience with analyzing and applying climate adaptation principals and working with climate change model output
- Understanding of water use in Alberta (industry, irrigation, municipal, etc.) and climate adaption principals
- Excellent statistical analysis and computer modelling skills
- Strong project management skills (scheduling, budgeting, staffing, meeting deadlines, client interactions)
- Experience and skill in supervising and mentoring junior project staff
- Proven ability to facilitate meetings and working groups involving multiple stakeholders
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software
- This position is full time, based in Calgary
- Some travel will be required
- Excellent potential for the right person to rapidly transition into leading a business line
Submit a resume and cover letter to WaterSMART by April 12th, 2019.